Skirts are a must-have due to their comfort and versatility. From formal pencil skirts to casual maxi skirts, their look can transform dramatically by simply changing your accessories. A blouse can dress it up, while a simple t-shirt can provide a more casual feel. Shoes and handbags can also elevate the look and feel of the complete outfit.
Here are a few types of skirts and the ways to style them this summer for any age or size.
Denim skirts come in a wide array of styles, lengths, and colors and pair with just about anything. Wear them with blazers and heels for a more polished office look. Pair it with a t-shirt and some sneakers for a more casual look. Denim skirts truly are versatile, so try swapping them with your current jeans for a different style.
- In your 20s or younger, go for a frayed mini-skirt and pair it with an off-the-shoulder shirt and sneakers.
- In your 40s, wear any hemline. Pair these with a solid color or floral top for a more mature look and adding a belt can give it some extra flair and provide a waistline. Pair this with some sneakers for a cute look.
- In your 60s, try to avoid skirts that do up in the front, instead, add a belt to provide a waistline or hide the waistline altogether with an overflowing top. Pair this with loafers or pumps with short heels for stability.
- Stretch denim is popular in plus-size skirts because of its relaxed design and comfortable fabric. Pair this with a lace top and some sneakers and now you’ve elevated this casual look.
Women of all shapes and sizes can sport a mini skirt with these few tips.
- Choose skirts that aren’t too tight or too loose. A skirt suit with a copped jacket in a neutral hue is the perfect mature look for the office.
- Long jackets and miniskirts are the perfect combinations. This gives the illusion of covering up your legs without doing it!
- You can rock a mini at any age. Confidence is the best accessory, but black tights are your best secret to getting this look right. Add coverage in other places, such as a cape, or scarf.
- For curvy women, try adding high boots or a sheer stocking. These create the illusion of longer slimmer legs.
Maxi skirts are versatile. While they do only come in one length, patterns can play a huge role in styling them. The pleating in the 3-tiered maxi gives a ruffled effect and adds femininity to its style. Style this with a cami or crop top for a chic look or with a t-shirt and sandals for a more relaxed feel.
- In your 20s, a matching set can provide the same sense of comfort as a sweatsuit but look a bit more sophisticated. Pair it with sneakers or a chunky boot.
- Tank tops and scarves or a belt are great accessories for those over 40. Pair them with cropped cardigans for warm evenings.
- In your 60s a maxi looks best with open-toed sandals paired with a t-shirt or button-down shirt.
- For plus-size, everything from a crop top to a tied knot to a dressy shirt works well.
Be sure to join our private Facebook group at Aubrey’s LuLaCrew for the latest fashion tips, ideas and deals.