It’s that time of year again! The days are getting shorter, and the weather is starting to cool down. That means one thing: it’s time to go back to school! For many teachers, this also means figuring out what to wear for class every day.
In this post, we will discuss ways to dress for a return to the classroom. We’ll also share tips on how to dress appropriately for school without sacrificing your personal style.
Ways to Wear Denim in Class
One of the best things about denim is that it can be dressed up or down. You can wear it with a button-down shirt and heels for a more professional look or keep it casual with a t-shirt and sneakers. Either way, denim is always a good choice for teachers.
Here are some ways to wear denim in class:
- Pair dark wash jeans with a white blouse and black flats. This is a classic look that is appropriate for any classroom setting.
- Wear skinny jeans with a printed blouse and statement necklace. This outfit is perfect for when you want to dress up your denim without looking too formal.
- Try a denim skirt with a solid color top and ballet flats. This is an excellent option for days when you want to be comfortable but still look put together.
No matter what you wear, there are always ways to accessorize it to make it your own. You may feel a little restricted in the classroom. Still, there are plenty of ways to accessorize and add more personality to your style. Start by adding one of the following:
- A watch: A watch is a great way to keep track of time while teaching. It’s also a good way to add a pop of color or personality to your outfit.
- A scarf: A scarf can be worn in many different ways, and it’s a great way to stay warm in the classroom. You can also use it as a makeshift whiteboard eraser!
- A belt: A belt can be a great way to define your outfit. It can also be a good way to hold your keys or ID badge.
- Keep it professional: Remember that you are a professional educator. It’s important to dress in a respectful and appropriate way for the classroom. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your personal style, but it does mean avoiding anything too flashy.
- Keep it simple: You don’t want to be too fussy in the classroom. Stick to simple, classic pieces that you feel comfortable in.
- Dress for comfort: You’ll spend a lot of time on your feet, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes. Avoid anything that will give you blisters or make your feet ache.
- Layer up: The temperature in the classroom can fluctuate throughout the day, so it’s always a good idea to layer up. That way, you can take off or add layers as needed.
We hope these tips have inspired you to put together some great teacher outfits for the upcoming school year! Denim is always a good choice, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and styles. And remember, accessories are your friend!
Be sure to join our private Facebook group at Aubrey’s LuLaCrew for the latest fashion tips, ideas and deals.
Ready to Shop? Let me be your LuLaRoe Personal Stylist! Visit my online boutique here!